Monday 14 January 2008

IM HERE!!

So here i am in India. Right now i am in the Parikrma School. Today is my first day. I am not really sure what Im supposed to be doing but there is an American guy here who is kinda helping me out and so has showed me the way to the computer!! so thought id do a quick post!!
I helped some people reading this morning but they were more interested in the fact that my name sounded like Alex, which is a boys name.. oh my goddd!!! but they are lovely and soon im hoping to get some arty things on the go.
Im living with Tara in Cooke Town, shes really nice and is looking after me well. Im eating well and coping with the spice and using my fingers!
Ive met other gap guru gappers aswell who all seem lovely. A lot of them live in Cooke Town so thats useful for meeting up and what not. Some of them are also travelling from April onwards so Ive got people to be with which is gooood.
I found out my visa runs out on June 12th and is gonna be very hard to extend it so may have to come home a couple of weeks early, but thats all good as will be home for my birthday and maybe Glastonbury?!
But yeah is wicked here, very noisy, traffic is completly mental. worse than anything in thailand. Dont think theyve ever heard of road signs!!! I stand out big time as not very many white people here at all, but is fine, i love gettting ripped off my auto drivers!!!
Im hoping to start taking some hindi lessons so i can understand people a bit better and blend in a bit more. Im also gonna try and do some yoga with Tara!!
so yeah everyhting is good. hope englands good too. Missing everyone, please keep me posted with what you're all doing!\Big big love, and will let you know when i get my indian phone up and running. MWAH/ XXXXXXXXX.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad all well -sounds interesting although not sure what you mean about ripping the auto drivers!Sounds a bit technical for your old Ma!!Hindi will be very useful -you can act as our tour guide when we come over!?! much love Maxxxxxxx

Fubar Falice said...

the auto drivers rip me off.. as in charge me too much money cos they know i am foreign! but yeah is funny, getting the hang of kinda blending in a little bit and getting some clothes tailored for me so will look more local. xxxxx.

Anonymous said...

Sounds quality Alice, very jealous. Looking forward to hearing more, hope you're looking after yourself and enjoying lots of curry :oP
xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds great and really interesting! Sounds like your guna fit in! Crazy to think of you over there! Take care and hope ur ok! xxxx

Anonymous said...

if i want to post a video for you shall i get it on facebook or here? just a silly one.

Any toilet paper round your flat?
xxxxxxx